Tuesday 4 March 2014

Say No

9.30am
I need to learn to say no.  I need to learn to say no.

This morning I took a 2 hour trip to Salford's Media City to do an interview "down the line" to BBC radio Derby.

I need to say no, instead of this tail wagging, conforming idiot that wants to please everyone.

So, I walk into Salford studios ready with my spiel, ready with a piece of "content" for this organisation that I hold so dear, ready with my wit sharpened by a Costa coffee and I wait.

I need to be my own future, that's what angers me.

And I wait.

I need to control my artistic destiny, to please me not the world, if they like it then so be it, if they don't then so be it, but at least I will be happy.

And wait, until I get the green light, the go, the nod.  Headphones over my hearing aid and I'm ready for this.....

6 minutes.


6 minutes.


2 hour drive, 30 minute wait for 6 minutes.


I need to learn to say no thanks and blow their content.


17.30pm
Just found out that BBC television heard my tiny piece on the Radio and are running the story this evening, seems I got it wrong again - from tiny acorns...

No comments:

Post a Comment