Monday 17 June 2013

What to do next.

When you get to the end of the show, what next?

So you have packed away the set, costumes and for a while the show, what next?  After all the back slapping and bottles and parties all I'm left with is a shop to empty and a tiredness you wouldn't believe.  I work on projects all the way from their conception to the funding, to sweeping up at the end.  I am responsible for licences, contracts, negotiations, I write reports and even write the script.

When the lights go down and the party is over and everyone walks away I sit down and think about what has been achieved,  how we have made the world (or our tiny part of it) better.  I always think of better ways we could have handled things, attracted people, connected, but those ideas will be passed to the next event and the next, and the next.

so what next?

As a innovator (am I allowed to say that) I am trying to think up the next big idea, I usually do, but being the first in anything is not usually successful, it's the companies that follow that make a impact, but without the likes of Hard Graft and companies like us where would the national theatre be or the Royal Court?

The great thing about being Hard Graft Theatre Co ltd. is that you get to say out loud all those brilliant ideas that others only dream about and one day, you never know, I might actually become successful.

If you want to be part of the next adventure join me now  HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment