Wednesday 5 June 2013

Guess how many stabbings I have seen in Oldham town centre whilst I've been performing every night here for three weeks?

Or how many drug deals?

Or prostitutes?

Or children being sold into slavery?

How many times I've been threatened by a mad bloke with a Stanley knife?

I'll tell you,

0, that's zero, nil, none.

So, contrary to the media who paint a bleak picture of hard binge drinking in Oldham, the reality is far from that.  After 6pm apart from the odd fellow taking his dog for a walk there is nothing to see in OL1.

So, to those people who think that Oldham is a no go area after 4.30pm - think on, although last night I was talking to a 7 year old lad and his mum about children's theatre.

PEOPLE OF OLDHAM - THE SUN IS OUT, WHY AREN'T YOU?


What I have learnt is that rants like these have no influence on anything, ever - I'll shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment