Tuesday 10 March 2009

In my opinion



Is it the modern disease to criticise or have we always been the same? I was watching something on ITV1 (I need to get out more I think) it was about Jade Goody and they showed and read critics of her using her death to make money for her kids future. Jade, love her or hate her is doing what any parent needs to do for their kids, with very little real talent she has to use whatever she can.

We, the arts get it more than most. If you pay your tenner you feel you can give an opinion. If you come and see Poles Apart I read an email from a Polish man here. He didn't even pay a tenner.

Tonight my mate Matt Aston will welcome the press to his opening night of Empty Blue Beds at the Lakeside in Nottingham. He's sat in a dark room for 3 weeks toiling over details with sweaty actors only to be made or broke by the critics

good luck Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment