Tuesday 19 August 2014

Close up acting is magic

I have watched Peter Kay in a pub, thanks to Nottingham's Just the Tonic. I have sat on the front row for David Bowie and Kenneth Branagh's Richard the Third.  I sat as Reginald D Hunter sweat on me and all I can say is, it was amazing.

I have acted in living rooms, kitchens, shops, barns, fields, boats.  I have flicked my ash on the audience and I have looked into their eyes and engaged.  It was shockingly brilliant.
So why would you want art 40, 50, 60 metres away, on a video screen?  Why would you subject your audience to cheap images, that YouTube could probably beat.

This September, two television actors with years of small screen experience will be working close up to you.

Come and see art close up, come and sit in the set and really enjoy a theatre experience.  Come and see Thick As Thieves in Oldham.

http://www.hardgraft.co.uk/

David Crowley directs Jonny Dixon and Steven Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment