Monday 14 December 2009

Elves and the Shoemaker opening day


Hard Graft Theatre Company's second Christmas Cracker opened this morning in Uppermill Saddleworth with the elves and the shoemaker and what a show. An audience is so important to a show, they are one of the magic ingredients that finishes off they process of making theatre. today to two sell out houses magic was made and an old hall in Saddleworth became a theatre. Children laughed, grown ups groaned and I sat with a grim ear to ear listening to the lines that before today had only lived in my head.

Best thing today was - I play Santa after the show and a little girl came into my grotto and I asked her, " what did I bring you last Christmas?" She said, "I'm polish you didn't see me last year". Now, if you didn't know I've been touring the country with Dan doing a show called Poles Apart and Dan taught me about 6 words of Polish, one being Hello, How are you? You should have seen the smile on her little face when I spoke Polish to her -

Jak sie masz

Oh and I nearly forgot - Holly our helper over heard a kid telling a teacher "It's not the real Santa, I went to Lap land last year and he's tall and thin, not fat."

1 comment:

  1. I think that is my favourite blog post of yours, a lovely story and most heart warming indeed.

    ReplyDelete