Friday 4 September 2009

Read all about it



Spent the morning with Ruhubia a journalist from the Oldham Advertiser. Very nice lady and very interesting. She was helping me with research for Knife Edge. I never realised what journalist's go through to get a story, imagine knocking on the door of a family who's lost a son or daughter and asking for photo to put in the paper.

I parked in Sainbury's car park in Oldham today and as I walked to my car a man approached me and asked if I knew who's car this was and he pointed to a green Nissan. Sainbury's car park has parking for hundreds of cars and is used by thousands of people every day. No, I said. Do you have a camera I could use? he said. "Only on my phone". "Good" he said "Take a picture of this" . He had a scratch down the side of his car that he claimed was done by the Nissan. " I've been here two hour waiting, I can't believe they've been gone so long."

I text's the photo to his daughter (his phone didn't do MMS)

I left him waiting, talking to the bloke who collects the trolleys.


1 comment: