Friday 16 March 2018

Be a working Actor


   

Hello, I've been knocking about in this game for many years. I remember the day I left Arts Education in London and thinking "what do I do now"? I had no agent, no work and didn't really know how to go about it. Drama school was great for many things, but teaching the business it was not.

 Personally, I was hard working and imaginative (obviously, I'm an actor) and I soon began to work out how to work. I went from a co-operative agency in Nottingham to one of the biggest agencies in the world. I have worked in profit share all the way up to Hollywood movies and as I look around I see young performers struggling to get started. We at Hard Graft have a long history of employing young actors, but we can't do everything. So what can we do? Anyone who has worked for so long in this industry sees it differently to you.  I now produce theatre, so I'm on the other side of the table and I see mistakes actors make, mistakes I've made myself. So, what if I offered a 'How to work as an actor course'? If there are enough of you I will book a room and share my knowledge. Probably be £20 each for the afternoon. Pop your details here and I'll get back to you.

I want to act.

* indicates required

Contact us here

No comments:

Post a Comment