Tuesday 10 May 2016

Missing


A 15 year old has been reported missing in Rochdale. He parted company with his sister between 3.30pm and 4pm telling her he was going for a walk along the Rochdale canal.  That was 3 days ago and he hasn't been seen since.

I heard the news on Sunday afternoon listening to Johnny Walker 'sound of the seventies' on the wireless.  He's missing the news woman said.  Missing and his family are concerned for his wellbeing.

Jo!  Do you know that lad?  On the towpath, with the black coat and hood up on the hottest day of the year?  He was lying in the shade of a bridge on the way out and walking on the way back.  I mentioned him to you, well I'm worried.  What if it were George or Billy?



We need to go and have a look.

We drove, retraced our steps, 15 miles, nothing.

As I closed my eyes last night all I could think about was the boy, cold, scared, alone and his Mum, alone.

I awoke early switched on the Mac to read the news.  The young lad had been found 10 miles away, seems the lad we saw was another youngster living rough.  Glad we moved on it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment