Thursday 12 March 2015

And they're off!




Last night I was lucky enough to be invited to Oldham's first general meeting of artists and professionals involved in getting the town's independant quarter moving.

The idea is to invite small businesses to make use of a number of empty retail units in the eastern lands of the town.  Music makers, theatre companies, artists, clothes shops, boutiques and large department stores made up of smaller companies were discussed.

I take my hat off to the council, who are putting their money where their mouth is and doing good for a town by securing an incredibly bright future.

They have already been very supportive of Hard Graft giving us two shops and offering us this year's venue for GRASS in August.

If you have an idea and want a low cost way of starting your future business in Oldham, I urge you to take a look

here


Can I just tell you that Hard Graft theatre has turned 63 shops into theatres, 63!

No comments:

Post a Comment